Friday, December 7, 2012

Small creek fishing

If you look down on the right hand side of the blog here you will notice a link to another blog called "Utah water Log." That blog is ran by a feller named Justin, and he also go's by Loah. Justin fishes several small streams all year long and tends to do very well, so I decided to try a small stream just to see if I could come as close to as lucky as he always does. Granted Justin could go dig a hole in his back yard, fill it with water, and 2 hours later pull two trout out of it.

I started by fishing a small piece of water close to town. When i got to something that looked fishy i started swinging a small streamer through it. This was the small fishy piece of water i started at


I immediately started to get into small 6 to 10 inch browns. Once I let my streamer swing even deeper under the brush I was greeted with this chubby little guy


After several aerials I was able to get him in. I worked upstream some more and was greeted by this dark brown
 That was sitting under a sunken tire. He still has a small kype on him

I did happen to go duck hunting this week, but it turns out I can not hit the broad side of a barn so I guess I will have to go again next week.




1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Nice work on those small stream trout. Talk about a good time...


    Thanks for the nod and it's great that you're shaking a stick at home trout again.

    ReplyDelete