Sunday, October 8, 2017

Home on the Range!!!

It's been a week since I went Elk hunting. I probably should have went fishing, but, Pop's talked me into Antelope hunting. Which I am glad I took the bait because Juice (my brother, thats his nickname) flew out from Vegas to join us.

I was introduced to this section of the Plains last year during the Pheasant hunt. It's not bad out here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you always have to find the good in the bad. I find the uniquiness of the Plains of Colorado pretty awesome.



We were fortunate enough to have all 3 of us harvest a Speed Goat. It was awesome having Juice out there. He just started to get into hunting and came out to take some notes. He did harvest some doves, but wanted to jot a few things down when it came to Goat hunting.


Sometimes its pretty impressive how close you can get to these Antelope. Other times they tend to keep their distance.


Tom (pictured above) and I were able to get our Goats at the beginning of the day. Tom always has a TON of wisdom to pass onto Juice and I and we try to take advantage of it as often as possible. After Tom's help I was able to harvest my first ever Antelope. The shot looks pretty bad, and I will admit, I took 8 shots with my rifle that did not even come close. Turns out the front mount of my scope was severely loose. Tom handed me his rifle and I put this girl down.


After Goat hunting we decided to go take a quick look for Elk some where. Once we stopped looking around we were back out into the Prairies. 


We had so much fun out here that even Molly (Dad's Silver Lab) tried to hide her head under the bed in order to get some sleep.


More Elk soon. Deer season is soon, and my favorite season of the year is almost upon us, Pheasant!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment